I am an emerging museum professional with a great interest in preserving and presenting Canada’s physical past. I was most recently a student at Fleming College in the Museum Management and Curatorship program. Previously, I attended the University of Western Ontario, where I received an Honours Specialization in History, followed by a Masters in Public History.
Through my work at several heritage institutions, I have gained a wide range of useful museum experiences. I have participated in several exhibits from conception to take down, created and updated catalogue records and cleaned and handled a wide variety of artifacts. With my outgoing and approachable demeanour I led many successful tours, deliver educational programming to a variety of students and provided engaging interpretation for heritage buildings. I also provided excellent customer service by assisting in daily operations, which included answering enquiries, handling admissions, greeting and orienting visitors and scheduling group tours.
At Fleming I furthered my skills. I have learned about managing museum administration and about developing public and school programming. I also have developed research skills with a curatorial focus. I also broadened and deepened my understanding of collections management, risk assessment, conservation treatments and exhibition development.
I aspire to work as a curator or exhibit developer in the heritage field. My areas of interest include Canada’s industrial heritage and the discovering the local history of the communities that I visit.
- Dependable, Punctual, Conscientious
- Experienced in public speaking and public relations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and time management skills
- Outstanding historical research skills
- Extensive experience working effectively in group settings
- Experience in delivering public programming and guided tours
- Proficiency with PastPerfect 5.0 archival computer software
- Familiarity with Inmagic information organizational software
- Familiarity with Novamuse Collective Access catalogue software
- Experience in exhibit development, installation and tear down
- Training in artifact mount design and creation
- Experience in artifact cleaning, handling, transporting and conservation
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign and Ilustrator graphic design programs
- Familiarity with Trimble Sketchup 3D computer modeling program with Max 7 programming language
- Comfortable working with social media, including Twitter, WordPress and Blogger
Please take some time to look through my portfolio